Search This Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

"The Good Guy" By Dean Koontz


Title: The Good Guy
Author: Dean Koontz
Published Year: 2007
Pages: 386


Koontz is an author that makes you think and just when you believe you have his book figured out, WHAM, he hits you with another twist, and this book does not disappoint in regards to that idea. In this book of his, an average man ends up mixed up in a hired murder scheme when he is thought to be someone he isn't. Trying to save the person that is intended for the hit, he pushes himself into further trouble and makes himself a target. Vagueness of who the hired hit man is and his past left me wondering where he came from and who he was. It reminded me of another one of Koontz's books Mr. Murder. Other similarities of earlier works of Koontz also occurred to me as I read this particular book, including False Memory and The Key to Midnight. I am hoping that he is not running out of ideas. These books that I thought this book showed similarities to were published before his one and I have read other books of his that were published after this one and they did show new ideas. I have not read all of Koontz's works, so until I do so I will not know for sure.

From the reader's perspective this book flowed well and kept the story going at a good pace. In addition it kept me guessing what was going to happen next and continued adding plot twists and turns. I am a big Koontz fan and I was not disappointed in this one, I enjoy books that piece together concepts from other works of the same author because it seems like a puzzle for the reader to figure out and a reward to reading other books of the same author. Conspiracies abound in this book just as it does in many of his other works.

No comments:

Post a Comment