Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2011

"Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" By Chelsea Handler


Title: Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea
Author: Chelsea Handler
Published Year: 2008
Pages: 264
Genre: Memoir/Humor

Handler is absolutely hilarious in my opinion. And to make it even better, she uses her own life stories to showcase this vastness of humor. I have read another book of hers about her one-night stands and laughed my way through it. In this one I did the same. Luckily she starts out in chronological order with her stories, so the reader gets a feeling for the things she encountered during her life and how it brought her to where she is today. I love author's that use their own personal experiences as a way of humoring the reader and this book is full of her hysterical events that have happened during her life.

A quick warning, if you are not into reading about compulsive liars, promiscuity, or profanity do not pick this book up! It is full of all of these things and many more. Handler is not ashamed of her past or where she is going and has not problem sharing her stories with the world. From trying to pass herself off as Goldie Hawn's co-star while she is a child to why she felt com pulsed to date a red-head it is all in her and worth the laughter.

The book for me just sucked me in. I could not get enough of it and just flew right through the book. I can handle the type of raunchy humor that is portrayed in the book and I am looking forward to more stories from Handler in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment