Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

"Strange Highways" By Dean Koontz


Title: Strange Highways
Author: Dean Koontz
Published Year: 1995
Pages: 614

Instead of a novel, Koontz presents us with short stories and novellas in this edition of his work. I have never read anything of his that wasn't a full length novel and had no idea of what I was picking up when I grabbed this to read. I like to kind of walk into books without knowing too much about them so I can discover them with no pre-conceived notions, as long as they are from an author I have read before. Since I have read numerous other Koontz books, I thought I knew what I was getting into. I do have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by what I found and I thoroughly enjoyed the entire book.

Koontz doesn't stick to just one genre in this collections, nor does he stick to one type of story. Each story is vast and different from the others preceding it and following it. There are tales of mutants, creative children and time warps just to name a few. Science fiction and horror are the majority of the short stories you'll find here, but some of the cunning stories do not really have a niche that they fit into in my opinion.

For those of you that are looking for a specific story of his, here is the entire list of what is present in this book:

  • Strange Highways
  • The Black Pumpkin
  • Miss Attila the Hun
  • Down in the Darkness
  • Ollie's Hands
  • Snatcher
  • Trapped
  • Bruno
  • We Three
  • Hardshell
  • Kittens
  • The Night of the Storm
  • Twilight of the Dawn
  • Chase

No comments:

Post a Comment