Search This Blog

Saturday, March 31, 2012

"The Last Vampire" By Christopher Pike


Title: The Last Vampire
Author: Christopher Pike
Published Year: 1994
Pages: 193

I love Christopher Pike books, and I can still remember the first of his I read Chain Letter. I was hooked on his works from there on. There is one problem though, I sort of feel let down with this book of his. Usually his books grip me from the beginning and leave me wanting for more. I know they are considered Young Adult fiction, but that doesn't mean they cannot be entertaining. Of course on goodreads, I did give it five stars for my rating just because I love his stuff and want to find more than what I have already read. I picked this one of his because of a recommendation on that website.

In this tale from Pike, we encounter a vampire who thinks she is the last of her kind. Much of the book is of her telling of some of her history and how she came to be as well as in reality what a vampire is like compared to common legend. I found it slow and burdensome due to the history and the tone of the character just did not seem right. I felt something was missing the whole time I was reading the book.

I will continue to read Pike's works and will continue the rest of the series based on this character. Since I have been able to muddle my way through this book, I should make it through the rest of the series, plus like any other series I want to know what is going to happen to the characters involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment