Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"77 Shadow Street" By Dean Koontz


Title: 77 Shadow Street
Author: Dean Koontz
Published Year: 2011
Pages: 451

Koontz still has the creep factor well alive in his books, and 77 Shadow Street is no exception to this. This is the most recent book from Koontz and I was not disappointed, he still mesmerizes me with yet another novel. Fans of Stephen King's "Rose Red" should love this book as there are similar ideas just different results. Haven't heard of either one? Well they are both about buildings that have had mysterious disappearances in the past and people of the present get tied up into these disappearances. In 77 Shadow Street the people that get tossed into the disappearance mysteries are the tenants of the actual building that shares its location with the title of the book.

Each character has their own story to tell, and each one tells what they see during the events happening at the building. Strange ghosts and horrible creatures abound in this book along with psychotic killers. With each page you don't know what is coming next, so you are bound to run into more than one surprise as you turn the pages.

I didn't want to put this book down and all I wanted to do was continue to read the book. The ending result did startle me as I was not expecting the ending I discovered. Someone more intuitive than myself may guess the ending before they actually get there. I had to get to the end to see the actual end result. Like some of his other novels, Koontz uses this one as a sort of warning to society. Wondering what that warning is? Then pick it up and read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment