Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"Belly Laughs" By Jenny McCarthy


Title: Belly Laughs
Author: Jenny McCarthy
Published Year: 2004
Pages: 165 pages

Jenny McCarthy the author of a book? I'm betting that's what some of you are thinking when looking at this posting, and yes she did it and its the first one, she's written more and I plan on reading those too. McCarthy keeps it real and does the one thing that many people who have never written a book about are encouraged to do: write about what you know. And it just so happens that she writes about the hysterical ups and downs of her pregnancy. As she mentions in the beginning of the book she wrote the book to give other women who are pregnant an idea of what the process can be like from her own experiences and not just having to rely on the books that state the facts and what happens during each week.

Currently as en expectant mom, I could not resist the urge to read this book. I find that other mothers who have gone through the experience already have much more valuable information that any of the other pregnancy books I am currently reading. Don't get me wrong, those other books are valuable and easy quick references, but McCarthy's book makes me feel much more normal. And on the bright side, I have come to the realization that my own has been a breeze compared to what she has gone through. Its nice to know that the ups and downs of a pregnancy affect all women, even if you are an ex-Playmate.

Any mom to be, or any that have had kids should enjoy this book as long as they are not easily offending. McCarthy has a knack for telling it like it is and not holding back, a trait I wished more people had.

No comments:

Post a Comment