Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

"By the Light of the Moon" By Dean Koontz


Title: By the Light of the Moon
Author: Dean Koontz
Published Year: 2002
Pages: 460

When I looked at the publication date for this book the thing that came to my mind was "Wow, that wasn't too long ago. And then I remembered what year it really is, wow how time flies. Anyways, Koontz was writing books in the 80's, the 90's, the 2000's and of course still is writing today. I think some of his writing style has changed in some of his works. He still writes about the unknown and includes lots of passion in his novels. One thing I did miss from this novel of his is the absence of a golden retriever. For those of you that have read other works from Koontz, you'll understand what I mean. For many of them he includes dogs, primarily golden retrievers, which I find comes from the love of his dog Trixie he had for many years. But that is not a reason to not read this book, it is still worth the read (yeah I know I say that a lot, what can I say, I have my favorite authors and Koontz is definitely on that list.).

For this selection, Koontz takes us into the lives of two brothers and a female that are strangers until one night when they both are injected with a strange liquid by another seemingly stranger. What happens then is they embark upon an adventure of trying to find out what this concoction they have been injected is, who the stranger was and how it will change their lives. As with other Koontz's books, the mystery deepens the more the pages turn. Not knowing what is going on or why things are happening in the order that they are keeps the reader wanting to continue turning the pages.

Now its your turn to read the book and see if there really will be a happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment