Search This Blog

Friday, August 12, 2011

"Dust to Dust" By Tami Hoag


Title: Dust to Dust
Author: Tami Hoag
Published Year: 2000
Pages: 480 pages


It seems that everyone has their own secrets or skeletons in the closets and this work of fiction is full of them all. In Dust to Dust, Hoag brings back characters from her previous work Ashes to Ashes. When I started this book I was a bit on the apprehensive side due to the fact at how gory and violent her previous work was. However, this one is not as dark, and it focuses more on secrets and lies throughout the book. These secrets and lies will keep you turning the pages until the very end. Just when I thought things were wrapping up, Hoag drug me back in for more surprises.

In this book of her's the focus is on a couple homicide cops who are investigating the supposed suicide of and Internal Affairs officer. Everything at first seems to hint towards suicide, then the coincidences just keep piling up along with the victim and body count. Hoag leads the reader down trails of investigation and also the realization of inner demons. Add in the personal lives full of chaos of the lead investigators and you have one heck of a page turner. I would suggest reading Ashes to Ashes first since some of the character development starts in that book and there are characters that show up throughout this one that were introduced in that previous work.

I will also say if you are looking for a good crime thriller with good and bad cops, pick this up and read it. It was a page turner for me and it drove me nuts when I would get too tired to continue on. I am looking forward to reading more of her books in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment