Search This Blog

Thursday, September 8, 2011

"False Memory" By Dean Koontz


Title: False Memory
Author: Dean Koontz
Published Year: 1999
Pages: 751

Here is the Dean Koontz that I first feel in love with, well in love with his writings of course. The first book of his that I ever read is The Door to December and once I read that book, I was hooked. That of course was during my freshman year of high school in 1999 which is the same year that this book is published in. Koontz has a lot of talent and does not always write about the same things, however all of the works of his that I have read are suspenseful and addicting. I have yet to come across one that I do not like.

Now to get back to the book that is the focus of this entry. False Memory is not just your ordinary suspenseful novel, it is a well written psychology thriller that kept me turning page after page. I did not want to put the book down and I wanted to continually know what was going on and what was going to happen next.

Strange events start taking place in the lives of the main characters, a housepainter, a video game designer, and the housepainter's delinquent brother along with countless other characters that come and go throughout the book. These strange events mainly deal with things affecting the memory function of their brains like missing time, strange occurrences and new phobias that appear out of no where. As you get deeper into the book, you will find out the reasoning behind this and then will follow the main characters' pursuit to find a solution to the problem and who is behind this terror that has inflicted their lives. Who to trust and why they have been singled out becomes a focus in their lives and the book takes you along the path of suspense and action as they are trying to find these answers. No one is safe and no one can be trusted. As paranoid as this sounds, Koontz makes it all sound realistic.

Remember The Manchurian Candidate? If you do, take a trip down a similar journey.If you do not, experience something new and then look into that work as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment