Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"The Most Evil Dictators In History" By Shelley Klein


Title: The Most Evil Dictators In History
Author: Shelley Klein
Published Year: 2004
Pages: 191


Here's a little non-fiction for all of you non-fiction lovers. Told you I will read almost anything I can get my hands on as long as its interesting, yet I have been known to push myself through some books that I was not entirely impressed with. Anyways this book takes a look at well-known and some not as well-known dictators through history. It is not only about dictators in the past, but ones that are have been in power in recent years. Since it was published in 2004, there are some changes since then and some names you could say could be added, it just all depends on what you consider a dictator to actually be.

So what do I like about the book? Its short and gives enough knowledge that you can go and find out more information on the dictators mentioned if one of them gains your curiosity. The book does a good job of giving the basics of how they came to power and what they did when they were in power (or are still in power). I didn't recognize all of them, so I know I need to brush up on my history lessons. I am thinking some more non-fiction history is in store for my reading pleasures in the future.

Still not sure you want to read the book? Well here are the names of the dictators that are featured in the selection:

  • Herod the Great
  • Gengis Khan
  • Shaka Zulu
  • Josef Stalin
  • Adolf Hitler
  • Mao Tse-Tung
  • Anastasio Garcia Somoza
  • Francois "Papa Doc" Duvalier
  • Kim Il Sang
  • Augusto Ugarte Pinochet
  • Nicolae Ceausescu
  • Pol Pot
  • Ida Amin
  • Saddam Hussein
  • Robert Mugabe
And as always, Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment