Search This Blog

Monday, May 28, 2012

"The Hunger Games" By Suzanne Collins


Title: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Published Year: 2008
Pages: 374

This falls under the category of "I read it because a lot of people told me it would be good". However despite all the hype I did not get all the hype. It is the first of three books in a series and since it leaves unfinished without reading the next one I will continue to read the series. I have read other books with the same type of situation that are far better works. Some people may say this is because it is a young adult book, but I have read numerous other young adult fiction and enjoy them.

The Hunger Games takes place in post apopolycptic America. The country has been split into 12 different sections each one has its own product they produce for the rest of the country. There was a time in the past when the people revolted against the people in the capital, the capital of course came out the victor and then created the Hunger Games which happen once a year. Each section is required to send one boy and one girl to compete in them. These games were created to show the people of the nation that the capital is in control. At these games the children sent there must fight to the death to have one victor. In this book a girl saves her younger sister by offering herself for the games. She goes to the games and the book is her story of what happens.

I personally do not have anything else to say about this book except it was a struggle for me to get through the book. It took longer for me to read it than it should have. Like I mentioned earlier I will continue the series since I was left with unanswered questions. I guess in that respect the author succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment