Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2012

"Into the Dark" By Peter Abrahams


Title: Into the Dark: Echo Falls Mystery #3
Author: Peter Abrahams
Published Year: 2008
Pages: 328

Into the Dark is classified as a young adult fiction read. I do have to agree with that classification. Just because its a young adult fiction novel doesn't mean you cannot enjoy it. It is also the third in a series of mysteries. I had not read the previous two mysteries in the series and still have not read them, let me just tell you that you do not need to read them in order to pick up on the series in this installment. There are a few mentions of previous mysteries during the book but nothing that will leave you completely off guard.

If you are an adult, you may find the story proceeded a tad bit slow in parts, but then at other times the speed ramps up and you are surprised at the next turn. In this book a man is killed and the girl who is the main character of the book seeks to find out who really killed the man. Her grandfather has been accused and she full heartily believes he is innocent. Of course in the normal lives of teenagers, other family issues and conflicts arise and those also must be dealt with during the course of the mystery.

After reading this one, I can see why Stephen King has recommended his works. That was the real reason I decided to pick up this author and try him out. His name was on a list of recommended authors by Stephen King and this title is the first one that popped up when I did a search on Amazon for him. I bought this one first and now want to read the rest of the series. I just hope my daughter will too when she is old enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment