Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2012

"Nathaniel" By John Saul


Title: Nathaniel
Author: John Saul
Published Year: 1984
Pages: 343

Yes another Saul book that I have recently finished. Guess I am kind of on a Saul kick. He has so many awesome books out there. I didn't realize until I joined Goodreads online how many books he has actually written. Also the fact that he lives in the Seattle area is a bonus since I'm in the same area. And of course I was not disappointed in this book of his. I had read some not so great reviews of this book, and there is only one thing I didn't like about it which is it was not as captivating as some of his other books. Don't get me wrong, I still absolutely loved the book just some parts of the book were slow going compared to other parts of the book.

In this book a woman finds out her husband secretly went and visited his home town. The way she finds out is that when he goes there he dies while he is there (don't worry that is not a spoiler, its the whole premise for her to go to this small town). So she up and leaves New York for this tiny farm community where her husband grew up and fled as fast as he could. Since she has no where to go, she decides the best thing for she and her son is to settle down in the small town. His family he fled lives there and she is curious about what drove him to leave. A legend by the name of Nathaniel surrounds the town and scares all the generations living there.

There are personal mysteries to be solved as well as whether this Nathaniel really exists and why he haunts the small town. Mystery abounds in this book and it is worth every second to get to the conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment