Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"Strangers" By Dean Koontz


Title: Strangers
Author: Dean Koontz
Published Year: 1986
Pages: 689

At first I struggled with getting into this book. I am a fan of Koontz and didn't want to miss out on any of his books. I am still trying to read every single book he has written and I now can say I finished this one as well. In order to actually get this book read I had to set up a deadline for me to finish it by. I am beginning to realize how important this is for me to do to read certain books I have struggled with. Anyways now on to the book.

The reason why I had such a hard time getting into this book is that it seemed slow going at first. There are many characters and each one has its own story which leads up to the climax of the book. Getting through each individual story and how they were all tied in together was the hurdle I eventually overcame. These individuals soon get their stories to come together, some come together faster than others. Each character is having something distinct and different going on in their lives. They all do not know of each other or so they think. Soon there are small clues coming to each one and the pieces of the puzzle begin to fall into place.

A little hotel near Elko, Nevada called the Tranquility Motel seems to be the center of all the confusion. As the characters migrate back to this motel that seems to be out in the middle of nowhere, they begin to realize how they know each other and there is something behind the seemingly strange events that have been going on in their live.

A cover-up of some sort is going on, but who did the cover-up and why is the question each one has.

No comments:

Post a Comment