Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2011

"State of Fear" By Michael Crichton

Title: State of Fear
Author: Michael Crichton
Published Year: 2004
Pages: 672
Genre: Fiction, Mystery/Thriller

Does global warming really exist? We have been taught that global warming is affecting our planet and that we are pushing ourselves to extinction. What if all the data did not really add up to prove that global warming existed and that there were people out in the world willing to do and spend anything to make it seem a reality? That is the premise of Crichton's "State of Fear". Of course being written by someone like Crichton who performs research on every aspect of their works of fiction, the book is packed with actual references to both sides to the arguments.

After finishing this fast paced novel, I am left wondering "What if" once again. Any book that can add to my curiosity and encourage me to find out the facts for myself are a success in my opinion. The book being fast paced also helped in my loving it, I didn't want to put it down and I wanted to connect all the dots. Some of them I was able to do before the book brought them together, but the whole book was worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment