Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

"The Eyes of the Dragon" By Stephen King

Book Stats:
Title: The Eyes of the Dragon
Author: Stephen King
Published Year: 1987
Pages: 380

My take on the book:

I personally do enjoy many of Stephen King's books. Having read some of the "Gunslinger" series, I became interested in some of the books that are tied into the series; The Eyes of the Dragon is the first book in this list. Before I finish the "Gunslinger" series (I have only read the first two books), I want to read all of Stephen King's books that tie into the series in one way or another.

The Eyes of the Dragon is not your typical Stephen King novel. Many readers and others as well think of Stephen King as an author who is into gore, horror and the supernatural. This novel does have some supernatural elements, but none that are truly out there. The novel is one that any reader should be able to enjoy.

The story takes place in times of a kingdom and has your normal king, and princes and a battle for the throne. Like I mentioned earlier, not what I have typically thought of as a Stephen King book. The trials and tribulations of the characters in the book are highly believable and well worth the read.

For any reader, not just those interested in Stephen King or medieval times, I would highly recommend this selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment