Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

"Northwest Basic Training" By Greg Eiden & Kurt D. Hollomon

Title: Northwest Basic Training
Authors: Greg Eiden & Kurt D. Hollomon
Published Year: 2001
Pages: 161
Genre:Humor

When you need a dose of laughter, be sure to pick this book up. It is one that does not have to be continually read and can be stopped and picked up at any time without losing track of the story. The reason is that there is no real story line, just types on how to survive in the northwest for those that are just visiting, to people moving to the area and those that are native to the area. All of these groups of people can learn new things about the northwest. I know that I continually learn new things about that northwest, and that is primarily because I have lived just in western Washington my whole life. There is much more to the northwest than just western Washington as this book shows.

Despite being broken up into the three different categories, it is worth the read to go through each section. I was silently chuckling away in my head, especially in the visitor and newcomer sections as I can see native northwesterners acting in these ways. The whole book brought a much greater love for my home than I have ever had before and helped remind me of what makes us so unique. Not everyone will agree with things mentioned in the book, but these things are what makes the northwest my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment