Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

"Ghost Canoe" By Will Hobbs

Title: Ghost Canoe
Author: Will Hobbs
Published Year: 1997
Pages: 195
Genre: Young Adult Fiction Mystery

Geared more toward the adventurous male leaning toward the earlier teens and pre-teens. As a female, I did enjoy the book, even as someone in my late twenties. There is much to be captivated by and a want to keep reading the book.

The book takes place during the times when Washington state was still referred to as the Washington Territory and the Makah's were still able to fish and live as their tribe had for hundreds of years in the Neah Bay. Being from Washington myself, just these facts made the book more enjoyable and I was able to get into it no problem. Top this with treasure, ship wrecks, and thieves it is every boys dream of adventure. It is a chapter book, so younger than the fifth grade age could enjoy it as well if they are up to the reading challenge or it is a book read to them.

The author brought me into the book so well, I am interested in more of his other books. He has won awards for best mystery in previous books.

No comments:

Post a Comment