Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

"Slow Burn" By Pamela Britton

Book Facts:
Title: Slow Burn
Author: Pamela Britton
Published Year: 2009
Pages: 377

My Take:

Slow Burn is definately not for the guys, unless you're into the whole romance novel, and yes I said romance novel. This is not your ordinary romance novel, as it is NASCAR based. I have yet to read any other type of romance novels, only the ones about NASCAR drivers and owners and their tangled love lives.

For me personally, this is my type of book that I read just for pleasure. Being around racing my whole life, and seeing what I have seen, what I read just does not seem plausible, so the book becomes a kind of "what if" for me. I have yet to be proven wrong.

Being female, the book is a quick read for me, since I am wanting to find out what happens next on the quest for Prince Charming, or in the case of the male characters in these books, Princess Charming. Before reading the book I know there will be a happy ending, and I have yet to be disappointed. Always a good thing for those times when you're a little down and looking for a glimmer of hope.

I will continue to read the various NASCAR romance books, since they are a fun form of book candy to me, sweet indulgence that they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment