Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

"Buffalo: Natural History & Conservation" By Harold Picton

Title: Buffalo: Natural History & Conservation
Author: Harold Picton
Published Year: 2005
Pages: 72

The first time I saw a real live buffalo up close was in May of 2005 while traveling through Utah. We stopped at Antelope Island which is an island in the Great Salt Lake. From then on I was fascinated by these creatures, even more so after I took a road trip in 2006. During 2006 my brother and I took a road trip through Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, South Dakota and North Dakota to celebrate my finishing of my bachelor degree in college. I saw many buffalo throughout that trip, and even went to the protected range in Montana.

It is during this trip that I picked this book up and purchased it from one of our many stops. I have finally been able to read it, and have a much greater understanding of this animal that holds my curiosity. I find them to be beautiful and majestic, one of Mother Nature's better animals. This book is basic in telling how they evolved, how they came to their present state and general facts about them. It is an easy read with beautiful pictures and perfect for almost any age. I probably enjoyed it so much based on my love for this animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment