Search This Blog

Monday, July 18, 2011

"Ghost Worlds: A Guide to Poltergeists, Portals, Ecto-Mist & Spirit Behavior" By Melba Goodwyn



Title: Ghost Worlds: A Guide to Poltergeists, Portals, Ecto-Mist & Spirit Behavior
Author: Melba Goodwyn
Published Year: 2007
Pages: 241
Genre: Body, Mind, Spirit/Parapsychology

First of all I just want to say that the title of this book is kind of a misnomer, at least in my own opinion(it is my blog after all). When it states that it is a guide to poltergeists, portals, ecto-mist and spirit behavior, that statement is not entirely correct. Goodwyn doesn't actually go into research of the topics and instead relies on her personal accounts with these items.

Goodwyn is a self-described ghost hunter and relates her experiences through the pages of this book. Since I have read a ton of books, well at least it feels like a ton of books, on the subjects that are supposed to be included in this book, I am not so sure of her actual credentials. I want more facts and information instead of the "This is what I saw so this is what it has to be" mentality. At one point she mentions that she will not even go into the idea that orbs are not actual ghosts or spirit contacts because she knows they are. If you are going to have someone believe in what you are presenting, you need to present both sides of the issue. I kind of get stubborn about believing something if I do not know the other side of the story with the facts.

So you have been forewarned. If you are looking for personal accounts of stories of the topics that are stated in the title, dive right in. However I wouldn't use this as a serious research tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment