Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"Incubus Dreams" By Laurell K. Hamilton



Title: Incubus Dreams
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Published Year: 2004
Pages: 733 pages
Series: Anita Blake Vampire Hunter #12

During the time that my mom worked at Borders, one of her co-workers who is close in age to me recommended some books to me. One of the series that he recommended to me is this one, which as you can tell I have enjoyed since I have gotten up to book 12 of the series. The original book started out with the basics of a vampire hunter who is also able to raise zombies from the dead using her metaphysical powers. Vampires and metaphysical powers are right up my alley as you may have noticed from other previous books I have read. As the series goes along (and without giving too much away) Hamilton adds in other paranormal creatures and powers to the mix.

Despite getting up to this point in the series this is the first book in the series I am actually disappointed in. There is way too much sex throughout the whole book and not enough of the other action I have come to know and love of the character Anita. So be wary, if you do not like detailed sexual descriptions or you do not like the descriptions of three-somes then this is definitely not for you.

I will say that I want to continue reading the series to see if Hamilton is able to get back into her routine and make the series as action packed as it started out with. I already own all the books in the series so I know I will eventually end up finishing all of them. But I do not see why a book of over 700 hundred pages needed to be written when only about 200 of it was not relationship or sex related.

And don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment