Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"Micah" By Laurell K. Hamilton



Title: Micah
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Published Year: 2006
Pages: 280
Series: Anita Blake Vampire Hunter #13


As you may have seen in my last posting about Hamilton's works, I was hoping she would go back to some action packed writing. Part of my hoping has come through, as in this work there is only one sexual description scene that doesn't take up the whole book. If you have read her other books in the series, you'll know what I am talking about.

The title of this selection is based off of the character Micah and the relationship between him and Anita the main character of the series is the basis for this book. It is shorter than her other works, so I was able to whip right through it. You'll learn more about both of them and some of Micah's history and how he came to be who he currently is. The other men in her life have limited roles in the book which helps maintain the focus directly on Micah. And of course with every book about Anita, you will continue to find out interesting new information on her and what is going on with her.

As a book, I have to admit I did enjoy it and I am now ready to move onto the next one in Hamilton's series to keep rolling along and getting to book 20 eventually. I am hoping to get to book 20 before book 21 comes out. We'll see just how well that plan goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment